Market Overview: John’s Market, Muir Apartments
John’s Market is located on the first floor of Muir Apartments and is the perfect location to pick up your morning coffee or grab a snack for the day. This location has mainly ready-to-eat foods like cereal, snacks, and bars, but there are also several grocery items like milk, yogurt, and fresh fruit available as well. John’s Market also offers some grab-and-go items as well as a pastry case with bagels.
- Ready to eat foods
- Variety of nutritional bars and snacks
- Grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, sushi
- Grocery and Personal Items
- Fresh fruit including berries and bananas
- Dairy and eggs
- Breakfast cereal and oats
- Bottled drinks and juice
- Coffee bar and pastry case
What is there for vegans and vegetarians?
- Dairy-free milk (both soy and almond available)
- Microwavable vegetarian meals (pasta, meat-less breakfast sandwiches)
- Yogurt, veggies, fresh and frozen fruit
- A variety of snacks and treats (nutritional bars, cookies, crackers, chips)
- Vegan smoothies at the coffee bar
- Soy milk is available at the coffee bar
What if I have allergies?
- Gluten free items are available: pasta, cookies, nut butters, snacks, bread
- Dairy free/lactose free items are available: milk, non-dairy substitutes, smoothies
- Peanut-free items are available: almond butter, cookies and crackers
- Remember to look at labels and ask the dietitian about specific dietary needs. HDHDietitian@ucsd.edu