Dining Location Overview: Pines, Muir College
Located in Muir College, Pines serves the highest volume of students of all our Dining locations. Because it’s always busy, the food is always fresh! It has several service stations that make your food to order, including a sandwich and taco bar.
Pines operates on a week-by-week cycle menu that changes every quarter. What’s a cycle menu? A cycle menu is one that offers different foods daily, and repeats itself after a certain period of time. Each campus Dining location operates on a different cycle, and it’s not uncommon for them to change the period of time on which the cycle operates, as well as individual menu items, each quarter. Usually, they operate on a 3-4 week cycle menu, with some items changing on a weekly or daily basis. Remember! You can always find daily menus, ingredient lists, and nutritionals on our Dining website. Make sure to check it out, especially if you have specialized dining needs.
- Pines breakfast burritos are among the best on campus!
- Meats are fresh cooked and sliced to order at the deli sandwich bar.
- All stir fries are made to order.
- The Cantina, Pines’ Mexican-style counter, is all made to order.
- There is a daily whole grain option available at the pasta station, such as the Wheatberry Salad or Farro Risotto.
- Egg whites are always available on request at breakfast stations.
What is there for vegans and vegetarians?
- There is a vegetarian option available at each service station.
- There are designated meat and non-meat utensils at the service stations.
- There are designated meat and non-meat deep fryers.
- Fish-less tacos are available daily at The Cantina
- Vegan sushi rolls are available certain days at the stir fry station.
- Vegetarian breakfast sausage is available upon request.
- Hummus is available at the deli sandwich station.
- Vegan chili is available daily.
- There are beans, seeds, and tofu at the salad bar daily.
- Marinara sauce is always available for lunch at the pasta bar.
- Beans at The Cantina are vegan.
- Potatoes and tater tots are vegan.
What if I have allergies?
- Gluten-free bread is available upon request at the deli sandwich station.
- You can find daily meal options, along with complete list of ingredients on our dining website.