Specialty Restaurant Overview: The Bistro
The Bistro provides a modern setting for Asian-fusion cuisine and sits in The Village. A bit upscale compared to other campus Dining locations, it offers a variety of small plates, entrees, and sushi rolls. A popular dessert is the green tea ice cream, so be sure to check it out if you’re craving something sweet!
The Bistro operates on a static menu with a featured menu item that changes daily. What’s a static menu? Static menus don’t change on a daily basis, so if you had it there on a Thursday, it will be there on a Monday too. The meals are a bit more expensive at The Bistro than at other standard Dining locations, but all menu items are made-to-order, so it’s much easier to customize your meals.
Overall, this is a good Dining location if you’re gluten free. Most options naturally contain no gluten, and it’s easy to swap out noodles for rice in some dishes. And, all the soy sauce used in this restaurant is gluten-free!
- This restaurant has a daily featured menu item that highlights fresh seafood caught locally here in San Diego, including Yellow Tail, Opah, Seabass, and Snapper.
- The feature menu includes fresh, seasonal vegetables.
- Brunch is served Sundays from 10am-3pm.
- The Bistro is green! It utilizes sustainable practices to minimize food waste.
- All the rolls are very popular! This Dining location serves over 300 sushi rolls daily.
- The 9500 Tenderloin is a best seller.
- Ramen Noodle Soup is very popular, and features a nice balance of meat, vegetables, and rich pork broth.
- The Tower roll is also a best seller, with tempura shrimp, avocado, spicy tuna, and spicy mayo.
- This is a popular restaurant! Make reservations in advance if you can, either online or by phone at 858.822.4275
What is there for Vegans and Vegetarians?
- All rice and noodles are vegan.
- The Fresh Spring Rolls and Udon Noodle Stir Fry are customizable to become vegan.
- The Vegetable Tempura, Spicy Yellow Curry Seared Tofu, and Vegetable Rolls are vegan.
What if I have allergies?
- This restaurant does use peanuts and soy.
- Many items are gluten friendly, or can be made gluten friendly upon request. Krab does contain gluten.
- All soy sauce used at this restaurant is gluten free.